Save the Date:
Mark your calendars for December 7th and 8th
and invite all your friends to the annual Christmas celebration at Meadow Croft.
This year’s theme is Christmas at the Bay.
As always the house will be decorated for Christmas and St. Nick is sure to be there!
Christmas committee volunteers are needed: There will be only two planning meetings for Christmas at Meadow Croft, Christmas at the Bay,
Saturday, October 5 and Saturday, November 2 at 9:30 AM at Meadow Croft.
If you can help out on this event please call Gene Horton at 631-363-3487.
Christmas by the Bay at Meadow Croft
Saturday and Sunday, December 7th and 8th, 2013
Noon to 4pm
Admission: $5 for adults and
$3 for seniors & children age 4-12.
Not suitable for children under 4 years of age
The Bayport Heritage Association and the Suffolk County Department of Parks invite the public to their annual Christmas at Meadow Croft event.
Meadow Croft is the 1891 estate of John E. Roosevelt and family. The house will be decorated in a Victorian/Edwardian motif with beautiful wreathes, poinsettias and greenery, magnificently reminiscent of a hundred years ago, reflecting the theme of “Christmas by the Bay.”
· Musical selections will be played on the original Roosevelt grand piano filling the house with seasonal music.
· Upstairs, special exhibits, including electric trains, dolls, vintage clothing, woodcarvings, Christmas specialties, and the “Seasonal Fun at Meadow Croft, 1910” will be on display for public enjoyment.
· Hot chocolate and cookies will add to the coziness of the occasion.
· St. Nicholas, the Dutch version of Santa Claus, will be there to look up individual children’s names in his ledger. He’ll check to see who’s been ‘naughty and nice’ in 2013.
· All decorations will be raffled off.
Among the decorators and donors to this weekend event are:
Audrey’s Bakery, BAFFA, Bayport Flower Houses, Bayport Homemakers, Bayport-Blue Point Neighbors and Gardeners, Colorful Visions Glass Art Studio, Daisy Garden, Lea Rose Interior Designs, Rambling Rose, Loughlin Vineyards, Sayville Flowers, and the Sayville Garden Club.
For more information, please contact: Gene Horton, 631-363-6487