The Bayport Heritage Association was formed in 1983 and is dedicated to the preservation of the history of Bayport. The association has an extensive collection of archival photographs, vintage clothing, artifacts and books. Through the years, the group has been particularly active in the restoration of Meadow Croft, a John Ellis Roosevelt summer home and now a historical museum on the border of Bayport and Sayville. The association provides lectures and resources- educational, historical, environmental and social programs and services for the community and interested public.

Special Exhibit at Meadow Croft





Bayport Heritage Association 
is proud to announce a special exhibit: 
Talking Machines

Twenty-five talking machines, with their elaborate horns, are currently on exhibit at the 1891 summer estate home of 
John E Roosevelt.

Thomas Alva Edison invented the machine in the late 19th century. This special exhibit at Meadow Croft, from a private collection, displays some examples from Edison's first tin-foil phonograph to today's iPod player.

"His Master's Voice" and the little dog "Nipper", became the world-famous logo of the RCA Victor Talking Machine Company.

Meadow Croft is open for public tours 
every Saturday and Sunday, 

The estate is located at 299 Middle Road in Sayville, immediately east of St. Ann's Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and we will respond as soon as possible. Thank you!